Public Transit Options
Two separate public operators provide local and regional public transit service in the Tahoe Region. The Tahoe Truckee Area Regional Transit (TART) operates on the north shore. The Tahoe Transportation District (TTD) operates on the South and East shores of the lake.
- 30-minute service along Highway 50 from 6:30am – 8:30pm.
- Fixed route runs hourly along Highway 50 and into some neighborhoods from 6am – 7pm.
- Hourly local service between Stateline and Daggett Summit along Kingsbury Grade.
- Complementary paratransit services provided within one mile of these routes and to Meyers.
- Regional commuter service between South Lake Tahoe and Minden/Gardnerville and Carson City via SR 207. The hourly service operates during peak commute hours in the mornings and evenings.